The dogs that participate with Jack’s Dogs are nationally registered AKC Canine Good Citizens and Pet Partners®. Our dogs provide therapy to those in need. Most of Jacks’s DOGs were rescued from shelters and otherwise deemed un-trainable dogs, even those unwanted dogs can teach us all about patience, unconditional love and untapped abilities if we only open our eyes to the possibilities. This is called dogability™.
Jack’s DOGs’ mission is to promote the benefits of therapy animals through teaching, mentoring, and demonstrating that positive human–animal interactions improve the physical, emotional and psychological lives of those we serve.
- Encourage people of all ages to work hard at their therapies.
- Teach people how pets can enrich their lives.
- Promote physical and spiritual health.
- Teach people the language of animals
- Visit schools, nursing homes, camps, and other facilities.
- Perform at public venues to promote “dogability”.
- Help facility staff and individuals develop specific plans and goals.
- Work with individual clients to help them build pet-human relationships.
- Cooperate with a large network of veterinarians, trainers, social workers, schools, and animal rescue groups.
PLEASE NOTE: We do not train service animals.